Some of the many benefits this amino acid has to offer include:
* Major energy source
* Improves brain functioning
* Stabilizes blood sugar (huge help for me)
* Reduces alcohol cravings
* Maintains the health and functioning of lining of the gut
* Supports muscle function
* Boosts metabolism
* Enhances exercise performance
* Helps with wound healing
* Helps maintain acid alkaline balance
* Protects normal cells from chemotherapy in cancer patients
* Some studies have even shown that it helps to prevent kidney stones! (A plus for me)
Additionally, L-Glutamine helps with the following health conditions:
* Crohn's Disease
* Ulcerative Colitis
(Slagle, The Way Up Newsletter)
Check out the links below for more information on this dietary supplement.
Uses and benefits
I began taking this supplement after receiving my nutrient level lab results. Not to my surprise, I was on the verge of being iron, B12, and vitamin D deficient. My folic acid number was through the ground and all my other levels were extremely low, too. This explains why I felt like an emotional zombie all day long.
This supplement helps with the absorption of B12 and folate. It also helps with cardiovascular function and supports healthy Methylation and Homocysteine levels.
Some of the benefits of taking Arctic Cod Liver Oil include:
* It contains anti-inflammatory properties
* Soothes aches and pains caused by arthritis
* Reduces stress
* Reduce allergic reactions
* Helps with PMS and mood swings
* Improves brain function
* Improves eyesight, skin, and nervous system (Vitamin A)
* Helps maintain skeletal health (Vitamin D) and ensures proper calcium levels in the blood (super important for those like me who get kidney stones)
* Assists those at risk for Alzheimer's disease
* Helps those with ADHD, Psoriasis, high cholesterol, and heart disease
* Greatly reduces the risk of children getting Type 1 diabetes
* Reduces the levels of "bad" cholesterol while increasing the levels of "good" cholesterol in your body
* Supports blood sugar stability
(MD-health.com, Cod Liver Oil Benefits)
...Again, always check with your PCP before looking into taking any dietary supplements. What's right for one person is not necessarily right for another. If you think you may be able to benefit from any of these supplements, consult a professional first.
"Cod Liver Oil Benefits." MD-Health.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2013. <http://www.md-health.com/Cod-Liver-Oil-Benefits.html>.
Slagle, Priscilla. "Benefits of the Amino Acid L-Glutamine." The Way Up Newsletter. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2013. <http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/041501.htm>.